Friday, May 04, 2007
Drinking from the Well
Life takes strange twists and turns. A few months ago, my husband and I discussed the possibility of moving back to Kentucky, to be closer to my parents. Two state jobs were open in the same county - about 60 miles from where my parents live. Each of us easily were well qualified for one of the jobs. We applied, but heard nothing. I applied for a couple more jobs after that, jobs for which I am imminently qualified. Still, nothing. It was pretty discouraging.
In the last few days, the thought has occurred to me that God may be saying, "You still have work to do in Abilene."
Terri's health is getting worse, and she has not been able to work in over a month. I will be going with her to Scott & White next week where she hopes to be able to get a diagnosis, so treatment can begin.
Duane stopped taking his medication and needed someone to tell him to get back on it, and also needs someone he can just talk to and vent his frustrations.
Pat has a job, but needs to find one that doesn't require him to be available for about 12 hours while only paying him for 8. He also needs someone who can talk straight to him without being too close to his daily situation.
I fill some needs here. And I have friends I would miss if I left now.
So, though I am anxiously looking forward to getting back home, I think I have things to do here, yet.
"And miles to go before I sleep. And miles to go before I sleep."
In the last few days, the thought has occurred to me that God may be saying, "You still have work to do in Abilene."
Terri's health is getting worse, and she has not been able to work in over a month. I will be going with her to Scott & White next week where she hopes to be able to get a diagnosis, so treatment can begin.
Duane stopped taking his medication and needed someone to tell him to get back on it, and also needs someone he can just talk to and vent his frustrations.
Pat has a job, but needs to find one that doesn't require him to be available for about 12 hours while only paying him for 8. He also needs someone who can talk straight to him without being too close to his daily situation.
I fill some needs here. And I have friends I would miss if I left now.
So, though I am anxiously looking forward to getting back home, I think I have things to do here, yet.
"And miles to go before I sleep. And miles to go before I sleep."