Sunday, January 28, 2007
Bookends
Last week was a very good week. It began on Sunday evening at Lifeteam. I had been entertaining my very special friend, Ethan, with a little game of "Creepy Mousie." This is a game I learned from my mother. I had turned my attention away from Ethan for a minute when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked around and Ethan was tapping his wrist. His way of telling me he wasn't ready to stop. I loved it.
On Wednesday evening after church, I got a chance to speak to Randy & Jennifer, our friends home on leave from their mission work in Brazil. Their three-year old son, Kelton was playing at the front of the auditorium, and looked back and saw me. He came running back, gave me a hug, and went back to playing.
It doesn't get much better than that.
The week was rounded off by some girlfriend time on Friday evening with fellow Mary Kay consultants. We sat around, sharing pizza and chocolate, laughter, disappointments, encouragement and goals.
Yes, it was a very good week.
On Wednesday evening after church, I got a chance to speak to Randy & Jennifer, our friends home on leave from their mission work in Brazil. Their three-year old son, Kelton was playing at the front of the auditorium, and looked back and saw me. He came running back, gave me a hug, and went back to playing.
It doesn't get much better than that.
The week was rounded off by some girlfriend time on Friday evening with fellow Mary Kay consultants. We sat around, sharing pizza and chocolate, laughter, disappointments, encouragement and goals.
Yes, it was a very good week.