.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Satan

Satan seems to be really attacking me and a lot of those I know lately. Someone I know who has just recently become a single mom through no wish of her own experienced the horrible tragedy of having someone break into her home and violently assault the house. Fortunately, neither she nor her children were injured physically, but the psychological wounds will not be easy to heal.

My friend Teri is still struggling with health issues, loss of income, and was passed over for promotion to the day shift after having been promised she would be given the next opening.

A complaint was filed against me by the mother of a welfare client I am investigating. She was angry because I did not allow her to be present while I interrogated her daughter, so she accused me of being rude to her and her daughter (who, I might add, is an adult, with children and a full-time job, but mother wants to be in charge of her life). And my supervisor has acted on the assumption that I did something wrong.

Then, my sister-in-law, who had invited us to spend Thanksgiving with her, decided she needed the space for her family and told us to plan to spend the two nights we were going to stay with her at a motel instead. I guess when we didn't respond to her e-mail, she decided she had offended us and began a series of e-mails asking us to be understanding. I'm trying.

I'm just praying that I can turn my problems over to God and let Him be in control. I know He will do a much better job taking care of things than I will.

Meanwhile, I pray for Beverly and her family that they can recover peace of mind and a sense of safety and security in a world that has already turned chaotic. I pray for good health for Teri and another opening on the day shift and that this one goes to her, as promised. I pray my supervisor will realize that there are two sides to every story and recognize that he has observed my actions for the past 17 years and never seen me raise my voice to anyone or treat them disrespectfully, and ask himself why would that be different now. I pray that we can have a peaceful resolution to the hurt we have felt from Lorin's sister, even though this is the second time she has invited us to stay with her, and then "un-invited" us.

I pray for my friend, Calvin, who is in New Mexico, far from home and family and lonely.

I pray for my friend, Pat, who got word today that his mother is not doing well. He learned later that it is not as serious as he first thought.

I pray for my friends Jennifer & Randy, as they deal with a miscarriage, and all that involves.

I pray for Kevin & Charity in a faraway land and the struggles with things we take for granted, like electricity and water and medical care.

And I am totally grateful to God that Lorin's cousin Ferdie came through aneurysm surgery today and everything went well. I pray for continued good recovery.

I am thankful for my daughter and the invitation to have lunch with her today, and the time we have had together this week.

I am thankful for friends I am discovering and friends I am getting to know.

I am thankful for a great and merciful God.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?