.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Overheard

Tonight I was at a friend's house. She is in the process of moving, even though she has been sick all week, fighting pneumonia. I figured I could at least go over and help wash out cabinets and unpack dishes. I was in the kitchen washing dishes. My husband had come by with a couple of replacement belts for vacuum cleaners. He was working on ours. He had taken it apart and was trying to get it back together. I overheard my friend's 8-year-old daughter, who had been watching him with great interest. I don't know what he had done, but I heard her say: "Do you know how to do that?" I about cracked up. I had just been in the room and had seen the vacuum cleaner's various parts strewn about the floor. Kids just ask the questions adults sometimes want to, but know not to. You go, Lillie!!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?